Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Small Pleasures

Photobucket

a stitch in time....

Yesterday as the pagentry of the peaceful transition of power unfolded in Washington via my TV, I camped on my couch with a small wall hanging, hand stitiching around appliques. The rhythmic pull and tug made a long line of rustic stitches. It was creative, peaceful, and productive, quieting my heart, settling my spirit.

Maybe if we all want to give peace a chance, we should take up more hand stitchery.

Photobucket

2 Other Creative Souls are Saying:

Anonymous said...

I love the calm of hand stitching. It is under valued in my opinion.

Tim said...

Thank you for helping us slow down and relax. Just thinking about the rhythmic actions of hand stitching is calming. Creative thoughts flow freely in a calm state of mind.
God bless you!