We interrupt Creative Soul for a few thoughts on federal income taxes.
Since we are self-employed, we write a check to the IRS every year. Not fun. It is my opinion that if everyone had to write a quarterly or yearly check instead of having taxes automatically withdrawn we would have tax reform in a matter of months. It hurts to write that check.
That said, I was daydreaming about what we could do with amount we sent in yesterday.
1. Buy a new car. A nice one.
2. Even better, we could buy two gently used cars.
3. Pay for a trip to Italy. For a month. For all four of us.
4. Ditto for France. Even with the euro trashing the dollar.
5. Build a barn/workshop/greenhouse out back.
6. Buy 1683 books at Barnes and Noble.
7. Buy 20,405 Dr Pepper's during Sonic Happy Hour.
Want to get the economy moving? Give me our money back. GRIN
Just writing out the check reminds me we are blessed. The Pilot Guy has a great flying opportunity. I get to homeschool, write, garden, and create. We have a lovely home and enough cash to have some fun after the bills are paid. We can help others less fortunate and support causes we believe in. Just as dirty dishes in the sink tell you that you've not gone hungry, April 15th tells me we have plenty.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.