One of the memes circulating the blogosphere is the 8 Random Things theme. I've decided to give it a creative twist and make it 8 Random Creative Things About Me.
Here are mine:
1. I love the color purple. Deep, rich, and on the blue side, not the red. Royal. Makes a statement where ever I use it.
2. I love the paintings of Vincent Van Gogh. The first time I saw one in person my skin sizzled with the awareness that the painting wasn't created by an ordinary person. In my quest to see as many Van Gogh's as possible, we've visited the Orsay museum in Paris, the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, and the Kroller-Muller in central Holland.
3. I'm not a modern art person. Sometimes I find things I like, but most of the time modern art seems like someone's idea of a joke to me.
4. I love writers who can draw a visual in my head with their writing. Put me in a place and time and let me live there for a while and I'm a happy person.
5. I speak dialogue out loud when I'm writing. That's why it is crucial for me to work in solitude and silence.
6. My favorite songs are generally related to a movie or real event in life. I'm not a music for music's sake type, but I can hear a song and know when and where it has been used in a movie.
7. I love texture. In paintings, in fabrics, in the garden, or on the surface of a photograph. Hands-on crafting is my favorite because I like to touch the objects.
8. Gardening is a like planning a slow motion fireworks show. This area shines for a few weeks, that area next, then later other areas pop with color and scent.
I'm tagging eight of you to participate in this exercise on your blog. Remember make it your own.
Tim at Thoughts from Above1
The Divine Miss M from Pottermom
SusanC at Homeschooling Writer
Rose at Quilted Hills
Lisa at PercyTruffles Place
Paige at Paige Pearson Photography
Steven at Blue Like Me
Becky T Ahem.....fill up that blog, girl!