Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Not So Wordless Wednesday

Consider the lilies....

Calla Lily
Photobucket

Lady Bug Daylily
Photobucket

Asiatic Lilies
Photobucket

Stella D'oro Daylilies
Photobucket

Not a lily, but...
Cecile Brunner Rose planted for my late sister in law.
Photobucket

Ralph Waldo Emerson said the earth laughs in flowers. If so there is a constant chuckle going on in my yard these days. Joyful, joyful!

9 Other Creative Souls are Saying:

Michele said...

Beautiful lilies! I love Cecil Brunner. I have several polyanthas related to her. I love her tea-shaped perfection and her heavenly smell. Enjoy your garden

Michele

Meliss said...

Lovely lilies! My yard is just laughable.

genie said...

Oh I'm so jealous! What pretty flowers!

The Ridge School said...

I love daylilies. Our old yard was covered in them. I wish I could have dug them all up and brought with us, but the gal who bought our house loved the garden and would not part with even one. I have a few here now, but it will take me years to build back up. I know, one spring at a time.

SKELLER said...

Oooh, and such lovely lilies to consider. Your yard is spectacularly beautiful :-)

Katy said...

Really beautiful!

Mrs. Mungo said...

Beautiful flower pics!! I love the Stella d'or lillies, we had those at our old house.

Kat said...

I love daylilies. I have never seen that Lady bug variety...have to ask around about that one. We have stargazer lilies that are coming up (I thought they were weeds last year...so glad I was too lazy to hack them down!)...and we have one other kind of lily...but not sure what kind. And my favorite flower of all is the alstromeria.

Amy C said...

Wow! I need to come for tea. The photos are lovely!