Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ten Writing Commandments

A friend gave these to me several years ago. I have no notion who first penned them, but I appreciate the effort.

1. Thou shalt not procrastinate.

2. Thou will honor all thy writing. Even if it is terrible.

3. Thou shalt have faith in your creative ability.

4. Thou shalt keep an open mind.

5. Thou shalt slay negativism.

6. Thou shalt not fear rejection.

7. Thou shalt be kind to thyself.

8. Thou shalt cultivate happy thoughts.

9. Thou shalt place thy posterior in thy chair.

10. Thou shalt finish thy book.

3 Other Creative Souls are Saying:

Joanne said...

as always, even though common sense tells us what to do to write (you have to sit in the chair and do it), it's refreshing to see it in plain bold print. Guess you need one amendment - set a Jamba Juice reward!

Unknown said...

These could easily be the "Ten Commandments of Quilting"!

Ann Summerville said...

These are words to live by. Thanks for posting. I find myself in the kitchen, making tea, doing laundry and cleaning and have to remind myself that I need to be in the chair writing.
Ann