Monday, June 2, 2008

Knit Together

Photobucket
Mystic Moonlight Daylily

All right, Creative Souls, listen up!

Need a good read? Like knitting? Got a dream--especially a secret, passionate, impossible dream?

Knit Together-Discover God's Pattern for Your Life by Debbie Macomber is a wonderful book I finished reading over the weekend.

Terrific!

If you have ever had a dream that you didn't think would come true, read this book. If you've ever had a dream that someone else stomped on, read this book. If you want to be inspired to dream big dreams, read this book.

Debbie Macomber is one of my favorite fiction authors. She appears regularly on the New York Time's Bestseller list. She's won RITA awards and was the first ever recipient of the Quill Award for romance fiction. That's all well and good because it shows I can pick fine authors when I find them. Ms Macomber's characters are sweet, funny, and real, like people you live next door to or work with--even the quirky ones. They have a moral and ethical fiber that I appreciate. (No, her characters do not sleep together before marriage. How cool is that in today's romance market?)

Now in her first foray into non-fiction, Ms. Macomber, an avid knitter, hits a homerun in revealing her struggles and successes in following the dreams God instilled in her heart. The pleasure she finds in creating with yarn, as well as words, also threads it's way through the book. The story of an editor telling a hopeful writer Macomber to throw her manuscript away made tears come to my eyes. Eventually that manuscript, Heartsong, would be published and featured on Good Morning, America. Which proves that editors, like baseball umpires, are not right all the time. I wonder if that editor still has a job in publishing?

If you are looking for a delightful read about finding the pattern God created for your life, whether you want to write or be the CEO of a major corporation or be the best mom you can be, please pick up this book. See my sidebar, I'm featuring it as my book of the month for June. You'll be blessed in reading it.

Personally, I'm thrilled that Debbie Macomber and God worked together to create a book I needed to read to get me back on track. It's like a personal letter to me. Isn't God wonderful to go to all that trouble?

0 Other Creative Souls are Saying: