Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Martian Child

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Pilot Guy and I went to see 'The Martian Child' last night.

If you've ever loved a child, or anyone, who is a little bit *different*, you'll enjoy this movie. If adoption is close to your heart, you'll be touched by this movie. If you've ever tried your hand at writing, you'll get a kick out of the dialogue.

I'm not a big fan of John Cusack, but he was perfectly *wonderful* in this movie as a widowed writer seeking to adopt and getting more than he bargained for. The child actor, Bobby Coleman, was terrific as a lost soul.

'The Martian Child' is not a fast paced thriller, but your heart will be touched. If you are anything like me, you'll be challenged to accept differences in others more. Perhaps you'll be challenged to love more. Not a wimpy 'hearts and flowers' kind of love, but a love with muscle and strength and grit. The kind that never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never quits.

I think Winston Churchill said that.

All good things, if you ask me.

3 Other Creative Souls are Saying:

Rose said...

I must comment on the lovely photo of Scabiosa. We have had numerous frosts here (temps in the low 20's) and my entire garden is mush now. Then just yesterday I stood looking around and thinking that it is really over, for now. Then all of the sudden I saw a spot of color in all the dark, dull green. A single scabiosa in bloom. Nature is truly a wonder!

Thanks for the movie recap. Maybe it will come here one day?! We get one movie per week at our local theater.

MeMo

Pearson Family said...

I want to see that movie. Glad you enjoyed it.

Becky said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation! I am a movie-buff, second only to being a bookworm! I have seen the trailers for the movie and thought it looked like a heartwarming, poignant story. On the other end of the spectrum, I went to see "American Gangster" last week-end. Not a heartwarming story but an intense, true and very well told story! And the acting is superb!