Monday, August 6, 2007

Scuba Gear, anyone?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I've taken on a number of challenges and projects in the past few weeks. Most notably becoming the new women's ministry leader at my small church. Lots of time sensitive things that need to be handled sooner rather than later. Coupled with the need to finish preparing curriculum for Nathan's junior year, I find myself so over my head I need scuba gear to survive the day.



That's on top of all the gardening that needs to be done. The rains of June have turned into rampant weeds in August. There's one or two closets that need to be cleaned out, but they've been messy for a while. They'll be all right until I get to them. There are stacks of books that need to be listed for sale. A wreath for the back porch is waiting for re-do. Normal stuff like what we are going to eat or wear nag at me, too.



And writing. I really hate leaving characters hanging while I tend to other things.



Organization is the only way to survive feeling overwhelmed and organization takes creativity for me. Using my time well and writing things down so I don't forget is part of the skill set I'm using. These things do not come easily or naturally to me. Working from lists, I'm tackling parts of each project every day. I love the satisfaction of crossing things off my lists.



If I'm writing the lists on a purple notebook with a purple pen, well, that's just for me.

0 Other Creative Souls are Saying: